Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What do a Mellon, Spinach, & Banana Have in Common?

Answer:  Blended together they make one heck of a delicious green smoothie.  Each is the secret ingredient in this smoothie, no ingredient stands out, they blend seemlessly together in a smoothie perfect for summer.  Creating smoothies is one of my favorite things to do in the kitchen.  It seems the possiblities are limitless.  I just started creating green smoothies and I find spinach is a perfect green ingredient in the green smoothie.  I doesn't leave a heavy green flavor blends nicely and the color can vary depending on the amount of spinach added.  Green smoothies are so pretty too!   Next time I going to blend in the mint rather than use it as a garnish I think it will be a nice addition...like I said limitless possibilites.
Recipe
1 frozen banana
1 handful of fresh spinach
1/4 cup of cantelope mellon
1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk (original flavor)

The Back to Basics smoothie maker is what I used before I bought my Vitamix...sometimes I think it did a better job than the Vitamix!

No comments:

Post a Comment